Sloane's Super Bowl Sunday Chili | Globally Gorgeous

Follow John & Gregg Capturing the Essence of Wow..

Monday, February 1

Sloane's Super Bowl Sunday Chili


ShareThis

Our fitness trainer Sloane has made it a habit lately to talk about all of her favorite food cravings while she is kicking our butts. Given that she is a triathlete, I will tell you that her carb cravings are wide ranging,  chocolate croissants, key lime pie, tamale pie ( my favorite).... Last week it was her favorite chili recipes. She did a lot of research and experimenting and came up with her favorite.  We asked her to post it here for you since Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner.

Posted for Globally Gorgeous by: Sloane Pellegrin
A few years ago a client of mine introduced me to the art of cooking Chili. She was a new resident to Santa Barbara and was previously living in Austin, Texas. Throughout the football season she kept talking about her families tradition of “chili cookouts” for the big games. At the time I was new to cooking and came from a family that ate baked chicken, steamed vegetables and white minute rice for dinner most nights. I had a new boyfriend at the time that was from Montana and I wanted to impress him with my cooking… I finally asked my client for some advice on cooking chili. She introduced me to Carroll Shelby’s Chili kit. It can be found in most grocery stores. She suggests that you add all the “extra” ingredients and any other ingredient you enjoy.




The Chili kit comes with Chili seasoning, salt, cayenne pepper, and mesa flower. First I brown two pounds of ground beef and sauté one large onion and one green pepper. After both are cooked I add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and kidney beans. The chili kit tells you at this point the chili will be ready in fifteen minutes but I prefer to let mine simmer for three to four hours. In the last hour I add the mesa flower to thicken the chili up and just a bit of the cayenne pepper (I do not like it too spicy).

I like to serve the chili with my favorite corn bread muffins (plopped right in the middle of the chili bowl) and a fresh crispy salad. Enjoy!

By the way, you can also try Chili-Recipe.com for more ideas if your not partial to mine.







Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tag Clouds

Archives a Globally Gorgeous

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution. GLOBALLY GORGEOUS is a trademark of Maienza Wilson in the United States and other countries.Developed by Hari